Nokor Group's system and software architect understand that data modelling plays a foundational role in every information system. System's attributes such as performance, reliability, security, and maintainability all directly depend on how thorough the data modelling effort was conducted in the early stage of the system's development.
A rigorous data modelling methodology has been developed by NOKOR. It is based on Industry's best practices and on Nokor Group's own experience, and hinges on three main pillars:
- Merise-based modelling, encompassing three complementary dimensions namely conceptual, logical, and physical representations;
- Relational modelling in the form of Entity-Relationship Diagrams (ERD's), that serve important roles such as communicating the database model across developer teams, and demonstrating that this database model is normalised;
- Mapping ERD's with an object model using the Unified Modelling Language (UML) class diagram.
- Database audit.
- Data modelling consulting.
- Data modelling as part of a larger system or software development project.